Keto Seafood Chili
This healthy seafood chili is low in carbs, and keto diet friendly. Made with shrimp, white fish, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and tomatoes. Very hearty & healthy with a kick of spice.
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt, Divided
- 1 1/3 Pounds Firm White Fish, Such As Orange Roughy Or Cod, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 1 1/3 Pounds Monkfish, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 2/3 Pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- 2 2/3 Dried Pasilla Chiles*
- Hot Water
- 5 1/3 Teaspoons Olive Oils, Divided
- 1 1/3 Cups Chopped Onions
- 1 1/3 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 1/3 Tablespoons Chopped Garlic
- 1 1/3 Cups Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 1/3 Ounces Bottle (8 Oz.) Clam Juice
- 1 1/3 Cups White Wine
- 2 2/3 Tablespoons Canned Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 1/3 Ripe Avocados, Peeled And Chopped
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Combine chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Rub spice mixture onto fish and shrimp.
- Combine pasillas and enough hot water to cover in a bowl. Let stand 20 minutes. Remove chiles with a slotted spoon, reserving soaking water. Remove seeds and stems from chiles; puree in blender, adding enough reserved soaking water (about 1/4 cup) to make a thick paste.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and shrimp; cook 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned but not totally cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven. Add onions, corn and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, clam juice, wine, 1 cup water, beans, pasilla paste and green chilies; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Uncover; add seafood and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer 5 minutes more. Top with avocado and cilantro. Makes 6 servings.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://theketodietcafe.com/
Originally posted 2018-09-23 07:49:03.