Double-Berry Keto Ice Cream
A low carb keto double berry ice cream recipe everyone can enjoy, even if you’re not on a keto diet! The texture is creamier and the taste is richer and you won't be able to stop eating.
- 16 Ounces Package Frozen Unsweetened Strawberries Or 4 Cups Fresh Strawberries, Hulled
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Subsitute (See Notes)
- 1 Unflavored Gelatin
- 4 Cups Almond Milk
- 4 Eggs, Beaten
- 12 Ounces Package Frozen Unsweetened Red Raspberries Or 3 Cups Fresh Red Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, Thawed
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Partially thaw frozen strawberries, if using. Mash strawberries slightly to break up; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just starts to boil. Remove from heat. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot mixture into beaten eggs; return all to saucepan. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175 degrees F and mixture coats the back of a clean metal spoon. Do not boil. Stir in strawberries, raspberries, and orange juice concentrate. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. (Mixture will be very thick after chilling.)
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-5 quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturers directions. If desired, ripen. Makes 2 1/2 quarts, 20 (1/2-cup) servings.
- You can substitute sugar in this recipe with natural sweeteners such as Stevia, Xylitol, or Erythritol.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://theketodietcafe.com/